The digital revolution is transforming the world of work. Anyone who expects to keep up with global competition is going to have to create structures and exploit to the full every opportunity for working flexibly and creatively as a team.
In 2016, PLY Atelier Hamburg were awarded a commission to develop a co-working space as part of the Otto Kulturwandel 4.0 (Otto cultural transformation 4.0) initiative on the Otto Campus in Hamburg. On the 1700 m² of what was formerly used a warehouse space, PLY has defined eight different usage scenarios. Each of the zones has its own style, its own individual and inspiring atmosphere and plenty of room for exchanging ideas and engaging in creative work. High-performance information technology and a unique lighting design puts the finishing touch on the overall spatial concept.
• The arena provides up to 100 people with plenty of comfortable space spread over3 levels for presentations, workshops and larger-format meetings.
• In the Flex Space, teams can set up their work islands in the right size and shape with childish ease. In this highly innovative setting, users can move the 16 caster-mounted table together or apart from one another with complete flexibility. A central sideboard piece provides the necessary technical equipment.
• The meeting space offers modern presentation technology and provides retreat areas for up to 8 people.
• The co-working spaces provide anideal environment to exchange ideas in a relaxed atmosphere or to work intensively in groups or alone. From the space’s cosy upholstered niches to workbenches hosting up to 10 workstations, whiteboards and all the small knickknacks, everything you need to support an efficient work flow is at your fingertips.
• The Boho area and the Coffee Lounge provide open spaces for encounters, meeting or maybe just a refreshing drink or snack.
• Anyone searching for peace and quiet or calm inspiration will find what they are looking for in the library. Surrounded by a wide variety of reading material, the 200 m² space provides a quiet work area where you can put your thoughts in order or let your mind wander.
PLY Atelier and Otto wins the viewing public’s award for co-working space of the year at the 2018 edition of the Frame Award for their successful design of the collabor8 space!
We would like to congratulate them on this success and wish them all the very best in their future co-working projects!
|Client:||Otto GmbH & Co KG|
|Designer/Planner:||PLY Atelier GmbH|
|Photos||Julia Maria Max|
|System 180:||Production, assembly|